MPL started out as a campaign for student prices on the buses in the Brazilian town Florianapolis back in 2003. After a huge raise in the ticket prices the organization grew fast, tens of thousands of people took to the streets and managed to lower the prices again. Something which later was repeated in two other cities. The organization exists in many cities in Brazil and is one of the most important leftist organizations in the country.
Read more on their national web page: http://www.mpl.org.br/
- MPL-São Paulo website: http://saopaulo.mpl.org.br/
- MPL-Florianópolis website: http://mplfloripa.wordpress.com/
- MPL-Distrito Federal website: http://www.vidasemcatracas.blogspot.com/
- MPL-Curitiba website: http://www.fureotubo.blogspot.com/
- MPL-Joinville website: http://www.mpljoinville.blogspot.com/
- Movimento Passe Livre – Rio (RJ): mplrio.wordpress.com